Friday, April 27, 2007

Dear Diary

Took the wife out for drinks earlier on but she was coming down with a cold so we came home and I settled in for a night of tv.

Flipped over to the worldwide leader and found myself actually paying attention to an NBA game for the first time all year. Who are these Golden State Warriors? Sure I know who Baron Davis, Jason Richardson and Monta Ellis are but I certainly didn't know that they could be this entertaining. Davis is that rare former UCLA player who I've always enjoyed watching but obviously I wasn't paying near enough attention. He takes the ball to the rim strong and the Mavs simply didn't have an answer for him. Can Golden State beat Dallas two more times? I don't know because tonight the Warriors were throwing in all kinds of ridiculous shots. It doesn't matter. Tonight I may have found my new team since the Sonics are dreaming of Las Vegas.

I also turned the channel long enough to see the Mariners win another game and reach .500. All I ask of the Mariners is to stay within shouting distance of first until August 31st. Once the Huskies start playing the M's can tank it. Just don't force me to watch Arena football or even worse go outside.

Tomorrow's the draft and the Hawks don't pick until the mid 50's. Here's hoping they find a stud defensive tackle and a competent tight end. Seattle fans need another run at the Super Bowl to remove the bitter taste in our mouths from a couple of seasons back.

No comments: