Saturday, March 24, 2007

Elite Eight ramblings

Butler cannot kick it in the VIP room


It's the Elite Eight and I'm hyped. To kill off some of my nervous energy, I'm posting random thoughts here.

1. This is why I root for the big schools after the first weekend. Look at these matchups! Kansas/UCLA. Carolina/Georgetown. Ohio St/Memphis. Florida/Oregon. All of these games have the potential to be great. Somehow, Southern Illinois against UCLA just doesn't have the same ring to it.

2. How did my conference do? Guess what, I don't care. This is college basketball not football. I'd rather be Memphis (representing a bad conference and having a chance at the Final Four) than Washington (representing a good conference from my couch).

3. Why the fuck does my back hurt? This is like being a 40 year old. I wonder if a chiroparctic visit is covered by my insurance.

4. Jeff Green travelled. I'm not mad at the no call. My bracket was on life support before that shot.

5. Speaking of my bracket, you should cheer for Kansas and Memphis the rest of the way.

6. For me, the story of the tournament that hardly anyone is talking about is that Ohio St plays better when Greg Oden is on the bench. That team just seems to be more cohesive when he's not in there. Perhaps Mike Conley should be the Buckeye freshman declaring for the draft.

7. There are rumors that Rodney Stuckey is going to transfer from Eastern Washington to the Huskies. That would be awesome!

Alright, enjoy the games. Only the prettiest girls get to dance now.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

No way on Stuckey. He could easily get drafted right now; why transfer and sit a year to paly for a team that might not be any good?

DIII Player said...

I agree and I'm not saying I believe it or that it's a good idea. The radio guys were commenting on it yesterday but i have no idea where the rumor started.