Sunday, March 25, 2007

Go Strider's last post - Part II - One Shining Moment



Why I Hate One Shining Moment
  • While I love highlights, they never show the best ones in here
  • Plenty of clips of fans, cheerleaders, bands, fat people, mascots, etc. -- I do not care about any of you!
  • Lot's of highlights of players pointing, hugging, screaming, praying, crying, masturbating, smiling, saying "ahhhhh", babbling, kissing fingers, thumbs up, child hugging, mascot folatio, titty grabbing, etc. -- again, I do not care, at all. I just want to see badass shit
  • The song is fucking terrible. It does absolutely ZERO justice to the moment. It's about as appropriate as rocking out to Nights in White Satin while beating your children (ask DIII about that)
  • The song is sung by Luther Vandross - he sucks.
  • The only people that like this song fall into one of 3 groups
    • guys that cry
    • people w/ zero taste in music
    • my wife and her entire family - no offense wife and family
    • kids whose parents haven't told them that it's not a good song
  • It doesn't get me hyped, shouldn't it get me hyped?
  • It reminds me of Pink doing gigs for the NFL, and that makes me mad
I don't know, I just can't remain silent but deadly about this stuff anymore.

4 comments:

Swimfan said...

I agree. They should totally change it to "Time of Your Life" by Green Day.

DIII Player said...

I would never beat my children while listening to "Knights in White Satin". Maybe a song by Yes or ELO, but never the Moody Blues.

Unknown said...

Hi! My name's Josh and I just started watching sports 5 years ago (started playing 3 yrs ago) and think I know everything about what makes a good sports montage! Boy am I one cool dud!

Anonymous said...

I am the one who made this post

http://tmastc.blogspot.com/2007/03/one-shining-moment.html

And the reason "One Shining Moment" works isn't because it's all highlights. If we wanted highlights we'd switch over to ESPN after the game ended. When I was getting my (fucking useless) broadcsating degree a wise teacher told me that the highlights are rarely the compelling video from any game. What gets the average joe sports fan is what ABC famously referred to as "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." Human emotion. That's why I flat-out love One Shining Moment.