Friday, March 2, 2007

WUWS NCAA Tournament Preview Capsule: Virginia


Team: Virginia Cavaliers
Conference: Atlantic Coast Conference
Current Record: 20-9 (10-5)
Notable Wins: Arizona, Duke, @Maryland
Times I've seen them on TV: 0

Lets make this simple. Virginia is leading the ACC. The ACC has both Duke and North Carolina among it's illustrious members. What does this mean? It means the Virginia Cavaliers are the best team in the nation.

Can I name a single player on their team? No. Are two of the other top four teams in the ACC Boston College and Virginia Tech? Yes. Can I name a player on either one of those teams? No. Does the "Cavalier" mascot elicit homo-erotic fantasies in my imagination? Certainly.

But that's just a list of random questions and tells you nothing about what this Virgina team is like. I assume, since I know nothing about this team, that it is a gritty group who play well together because of relentless work ethic and strong senior leadership. They probably play smart, too, and don't turn the ball over. Maybe they have somebody who shoots three pointers really well. I don't know.

But this is all just fluff. I know all you gamblers out there are waiting for my prediction for filling out your brackets, so here goes:

The Virginia Cavaliers will not win the NCAA Championship.

1 comment:

DIII Player said...

I call bullshit, you know full well that you are going to have Virginia beating Georgia Tech in the final.

And you should get to know Sean Singletary because he has a badass name.